A beautiful appatizer for the X-mas Dinner. A crème brulée of fois gras with Cognac.
- 200 g Fois gras cleaned
- 5 Egg yolks
- 1 dl Milk
- 1 dl Cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- pinch nutmeg
- some cognac
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Make sure that the mixture is not to liquid.
- Place the mixture in espresso cups and set in baking dish filled with water
- Poach in oven at 160 C for (depending on the size of your cups) up to 1 hour or until the crème is firm
- Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- 30 min before serving remove from fridge, so the flavours can develop
- Sprinkle with sugar and caramelize with a burner